Pragati: Pragati is a multi category vocational training center.AMC has kept pace by developing progressive programmes for mentally challenged persons. In April 1975, the multi-category section was started. It is partially aided by the Government of India. The trainees are over 16 years of age. Here the adults with mentally retardation work happily alongside blind and with other physically handicapped, each helping the other. A few persons with hearing impairment form part of this group. There are a number of sections in the training centre.
- In the carpentry section all categories work together and make toys, nursery furniture and other items.
- In the weaving section, they weave door mats, shopping bags, kitchen towels, and swabs.
- The candle making group makes decorative candles.
- The sundry craft section makes small decorative articles.
- In the paper section they make handmade paper, paper bags, envelopes, greeting cards, etc.
- The dairy unit is maintained by trainees.
The products made in these sections are sold to visitors, friends, corporate and the public at exhibitions and charity bazaars. (see Catalogue of products under PRODUCTS) The trainees get small amount of stipend/incentives every month.